Start Your Spinning Journey
The Spinning® program has something for everyone and we are confident that once you hop onto a bike and get your wheels turning you’ll never look back! But with over 35,000 officially licensed facilities to choose from we like to encourage everyone to attend a few different classes to find the perfect fit for their personality.
Begin your Spinning journey by using our class finder feature to find your perfect class:Find a Class
Your First Spinning® Class
Plan to arrive at your first Spinning® class early to let your Certified Spinning Instructor know it's your first time. In addition, here are a few items you’ll want to bring:
- Water - Stay hydrated before, during and after your Spinning class.
- Towel - Bring a small workout towel as you should expect to work up a sweat.
- Attire - We recommend moisture-wicking clothing and padded cycling bottoms.
- Shoes - You'll want to wear comfortable tennis shoes.
Setting Up Your Bike
Knowing how to properly setup your Spinner bike is important if you want to have a fun and efficient ride. Here are the essential adjustments you need to make:
- Seat Height - Adjust the seat height so that your knees are bent slightly at the bottom of your pedal stroke.
- Fore/Aft Position - Keep your arms a comfortable distance from the handlebars, and your elbows slightly bent.
- Handlebar Height - For your first several rides, start with the handlebars in a relatively high position.
Keeping It Safe
Because your safety is our top priority, here are a few key tips:
- Bike Setup - Always secure your handlebars, seat post and seat slider.
- Foot Placement - Place the ball of your foot over the center of the pedal and firmly secure your feet.
- Slowing Down - You must gradually to stop the bike pedals.
- Stay Hydrated - Drink plenty of water before, during and after class.
Want to see more Frequently Asked Questions about your first class and proper technique? Check out our Program FAQ section
Spinning has the largest indoor cycling community in the world. We go to great distances to engage and educate our enthusiasts, instructors and facilities to continue offering the best Spinning experience. Stay connected and motivated by following us on social media!
Our Favorite Music
Check out our community's favorite Spinning® music playlists on Spotify® and get yourself pumped for an amazing ride.